Audience: ACLS is designed for healthcare professionals who either direct or participate in the management of cardiopulmonary arrest and other cardiovascular emergencies. This includes personnel in emergency response, emergency medicine, intensive care and critical care units, physicians, EMS professionals, and students in a healthcare program at a university/college.
This advanced course highlights the importance of high-performance team dynamics and communication, systems of care, recognition and intervention of cardiopulmonary arrest, immediate post-cardiac arrest, acute dysrhythmia, stroke, and acute coronary syndromes (ACS).
Content / Modules:
- Basic life support skills, including effective chest compressions, use of a bag-mask device, and use of an AED
- Recognition and early management of respiratory and cardiac arrest
- Recognition and early management of peri-arrest conditions such as symptomatic bradycardia
- Airway management
- Related pharmacology
- Management of ACS and stroke
- Effective communication as a member and leader of a resuscitation team
Course Card: AHA ACLS Provider course completion card, valid for 2 years
Student Course Material: ACLS Provider Manual, includes ACLS Pocket Reference Card Set Item #: 15-1005
Dentist, Dental Assistant, Dental Hygienists, EMT & Paramedics, Pharmacist & Pharmacy Technicians, Physician Assistants (PA), Respiratory Care, Practitioner or Respiratory Therapists, Registered Nurses & Nurse Practitioners
Approved for 10-hours of Continuing Education